Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Book Club Book 😱


Lately I was put into a Book Club group where I have to read a book called,  THE BOY ON THE WOODEN BOX , and some questions that I would like to answer are :

How have my feelings changed as I’ve been reading? 

First things first, the book I am reading is about, 
“Leon Leyson loved playing on the krakΓ³w streetcars with his friends 
and tagging along after his older brothers... 
Then, suddenly, German soldiers were : 
In his country. In his city. In his home.
Seemingly overnight, the life he knew vanished. The Third Reich 
wanted him, and every other Jew in Europe, dead. 
The darkest of times can unleash the worst in human nature—and also the best.
Leon Leyson lived through those times. This is his story.”
  The author of the book is Leon Leyson which makes it a autobiography. Since I learned about the   Holocaust and what went on during it, I expected something’s that happened in the book to happen, so I wasn’t that surprised. But I got really surprised when I came to a part of a book where Leyson explained that a German solider was actually being friendly and kind with him when normally the German soldiers are horrible to Jewish people. So that left me thinking about a lot of things.

If I could talk to the author, what questions would I ask? Why?

I would ask if rubber bands existed at Leyson’s time because Jewish people’s hair would grow long whenever they were in ghetto’s surviving, and they didn’t really have anything to cut it with, so did they at least have a rubber band to put it back? I would also ask Leyson if he ever felt like just giving up on living at times, because of how hard it was just to live at the time zone the Holocaust took place in.

What has been the most important part of what you’ve been reading?

  The most important part of what I’ve been reading is when a character, that’s in the book, saved Leyson and his family because of his kindness. I believe this is important because during the time Leyson and that hero met, Leyson was standing on a box, because he was too short to reach a machine and that’s when the hero started being kind to him, and what is this book called? That’s right! THE BOY ON THE WOODEN BOX, coincidence? I think not! So since the title relates to that scene in the story, I believe that is the most important part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, I’m awesome. Like you, lol.

Butterfly Project - “AT TEREZIN”

{Make sure to click on the first point when you want to read about it πŸ‘}